Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Liar, Liar--Pants on Fire!!!



*Inspired by the event(s) that took place (at work) last week…..

You lie
As if it was TRUTH defined
To hide what you did or didn’t do
Using lies as alibis
Even the Devil would be ashamed of you.

You lie
To hide the ugliness within your heart
Using lies as if they were HOLY
How they easily roll off your tongue
Causing confusion and illusions
Tearing people apart.

You lie
Because you can
Fools only question your authenticity
Thinking you are “The Man”
I thought TRUTH was supposed to set you free
Not you
Your lies have become your Prison
And TRUTH has become your Enemy.  (An Angela D Becknell orignal poem)
          

I would be lying if I sat here and said that I never told a lie.  No, I’m not perfect and neither is the rest of the world.  We all have told a lie whether it was to protect someone, hide something from someone, or just because.  After all, we are only human and yes, we all fall down.  It is not my job to judge anyone, and I’m not trying to say that I’m a saint.  I am just relating a story that happened to me last week, and yes, it still bothers me.  It bothers me because I don’t go around making a habit out of lying.  And for someone to just take that away from me, in a blink of an eye, kind of pisses me off (okay, it pisses me off a lot)…..especially when I know I’m telling the TRUTH.

As you can guess, I was called a liar.  I wasn’t called that name directly.  More or less, it was implied.  You know the story—some he said/she said s**t.  BUT in this case, she (meaning me) was not the one telling a lie.  I had no reason to lie.  There was nothing to gain (or lose) by lying.  However, the “powers that be” had something to lose by telling the TRUTH.  So by calling me a liar, they had the false security of thinking that TRUTH would not prevail.  They thought that they could get away with it.   THEY WERE SO WRONG……It just escalated into a big mess, that in the end, went in my favor.

Point is, why tell a lie when the TRUTH will be revealed?  In the end, the one telling the lie looks stupid and ridiculous.  And what does it say about that person when the Top Boss doesn’t even believe the bull?  All I can do is shake my head while holding my head up high.  You didn’t hurt me boo.  After all, you just ended up hurting yourself.  So, keep on walking by and sticking to your lie(s).  And I will continue laughing at you and doing me.  And I will keep standing hand in hand with the TRUTH while you forget what the TRUTH looks like….SMOOCHES!!!!!

Just Saying,
Niesey

2 comments:

  1. Know the Truth and the Truth will set you free!
    John 8:32 "Finding your truth and walking in it" - my favorite message in teaching! Good preach my friend - I love that cheeky humor! Hugs!tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you a big smiley face....i don't know why people even go there because eventually the truth comes and bites you in the butt...

    ReplyDelete