Sunday, April 1, 2012

Go 'Head, It's My Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MEEEE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

As you may have guessed, today is my birthday.  And please no April’s Fool jokes.  Okay, maybe just one so you can get it out of your system…..

So far, I have been blessed with thirty-eight years on this earth.  I’ve had good years, bad years, and some “in between years.”  But that is a part of growing up and getting wiser as each year passes by.  Although I haven’t made the best decisions throughout my life, I would like to think that I grew from those decisions.  And I’ve learned from those decisions.

I won’t sit here and lie to you and say that I am totally satisfied with my life thus far.  Who is?  There’s something we all would like to change in our lives.  Some of us feel stuck or simply just defeated.  Some of us want to throw in the towel and give up because we see no point in it all.  I know I’ve felt this way, and sometimes, I do want to give up.  BUT something in me keeps PUSHING along.  Something in me believes that I can do this, and I will do this.  I WILL PERSEVERE!  I’m hanging on to Hope, and I’m taking those steps to get to where I want to be.  And the only person who can stop me from reaching my goals is—Me.
 
I can be my worst enemy.  I’m my own critic.  But you know, I have to tell myself to “shut-up and chill” from time to time.  There’s nothing wrong in checking yourself.  Personally, I think people should “check” themselves more often.  Maybe, this place would be better if we all took time out to put ourselves in a “time out.” 

So I’m raising my glass to thirty-eight more years.  I’m looking forward to them.  I’m raising my glass to my family, my friends, and to the haters.  Because without them, I wouldn’t be ME…..

Just Saying,
Niesey

2 comments:

  1. i like this sis just keep taking it a day out time and you will make it better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis...i'm reaching for the gold at the end of the rainbow..love ya!!

      Delete